Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What a Difference a Year Makes & Julian's Met


On April 17, 2012, the Colorado Rockies played the San Diego Padres in 66 degree weather.


Though it is not quite a year yet, I was in Denver for the last 2 games of the Mets visit there, chronicled in Mile High Mr. Met Parts I and II (which means I missed the 9 to 16 Scott Hairston-Cycle loss, but had an interesting time tuning in.) That Sunday, April 29, 2012, I wore a thermal as the R.A. Dickey Throwback undershirt, learning soon in the bleacher sun that it was not needed.

That on the right is the picture my Dad, who lives out there, sent to me earlier today.

We just learned that the Mets will once again play a doubleheader in Colorado. Basically, after the debacle that was yesterday, you take this entire series with a grain of salt, and look forward to the Mets getting back to their regularly scheduled program (or look forward to the fates allowing them to do so...)

Am I making excuses for them? No.

BUT THIS IS REEEEAAALLLLY WACKY.

I look forward to the Mets coming home this weekend, for the Rising Apple crew, many of us who have not met each other yet, are heading out to the ballgame on Saturday.

...Currently, though, there is a 70% chance of rain, and ironically, that's probably the snow system...


I just found out that this week's Julian's Met's last season was 1969 when he was 36 years old.

Wild.


Enjoy...(sigh)....another off-night...
Here's a Random Song.
GOT. to. be. kidding.
LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment