Friday, August 31, 2012

Merrily We Knuckleball Along

I don't just root for R.A. Dickey every time he starts. I root for him to dominate. He did that once again tonight, with some help from Ike in the 3-0 complete game win. He drove in the 1st run with a sac fly in the top of the 4th, and a 2-run blast in the top of the 7th. A fantastic turnaround by our 1st baseman.

My Dad and I drove from the city to his upstate house the whole game, which can be attributed to how fast RA works when he's on since it's give or take a 2-hour drive. I am sitting down now at his house and watching the post-game, specifically Burkhardt's interview with Dickey right now (I wish I could pause it and quote him, 'cause he's awesome, but I'll take care of that at a later point, if the video is on SNY.TV)

I have been pumped all year for any time Reyes strikes out against the Knuckler, but the only thing I can think of that is better than that is Dickey picking Jose Reyes off 1st. I just saw it for the 1st time. That is sooooooooooooo sweet. He threw over there a couple times before he finally got our former friend leaning too far to 2nd. RA certainly gets the Abider of the Game award for his 17th victory.

Josh Th000000000000000000000000000000lllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......



LET'S. GO. METS.

Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment