Sunday, June 18, 2017

Where Have I Been?

I was basking in the rarity of a Mets win against the Nats, and it dawned on me the juxtaposition of how I used to write every day during those seasons of 2012, 2013 and 2014, yet have been mostly absent during 2015, 2016 and 2017. Life comes at you, and you have ebbs and flows of motivation, but it is so simple to scurry on over to the website that helps produce this and jot a few words down on those Metsies in the Orange and Blue.


Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports
Here the Mets are, looking as bad as those '12-'14 teams, but that shouldn't be the only reason to write. I was documenting my time following the Mets back then, hoping that the "Ya Gotta Believe" mantra would bring about more wins than losses as the seasons progressed. That still hasn't changed, but during these years where things have turned around, I have had other things I needed to focus on while still obsessing over this measly ol' mediocre baseball team that seems to pull it together usually when all seems lost. Or not at all, but when they do pull it together, usually all seems lost right before the run begins. Why can't I head to this blog and jot down the minimum amount of words possible, which is whatever the fuck I want?

The Mets this year have not been able to take hold of momentum when it is ripe on the vine. I have many thoughts (Primarily about the lack of Amed Rosario) but I'll leave those for future writings that will begin to fill these digital pages once more. deGrom deGested a baseball today for the first time in his Major League career, an opposite field shot that was mighty impressive indeed. On top of dominating from the 2nd inning onward. It just goes to show you that no matter how miserable the Mets can look from inning to inning against a foe like that Nats, Ya just Gotta keep watching, because someone might do something that you've never seen before.

There's no business like Mets business. There's no business I know.


Let's go on with the show.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
LET'S. GO. METS.

No comments:

Post a Comment