Monday, June 2, 2014

Is This Series Over Yet?


'Cause I got other things to do.

Not like the Mets are going to stop playing innings after they leave the Phillies, just probably not as many.

Probably....

Then again, unless you can get big hits more often and earlier, then the innings will keep rolling on. We've seen a bunch of extra inning games in the last few years, and I would like to do the research as to their record in such games, but I literally should be doing anything BUT looking that stuff up.

At quick glance, it looks like its an epidemic throughout all of baseball, with extra-inning records apparently set last year.

The Mets are lucky to have come away with 3 out of 4 so far, guaranteeing them a winning series against the Phillies. They've tortured the bullpen, however, leading to two bullpen moves over the weekend.

Who am I to complain? I actually like baseball and enjoy when it's bonus, for I do like a well-pitched ballgame.

...Unless its the Phillies and the Mets just keep doing stupid stuff.

All in all, though, it's been a fun one, and another memory to look back on.

"Hey, remember when the Phillies and the Mets played 57 innings in 5 days?"

Let's hope that's the ceiling. Because there's a grand possibility that the ceiling is higher...

WELCOME. TO. JUNE.
LET''S. GO. METS.
(I wasn't sure what song to use for this post, so I typed "Funky Baseball" into Youtube.

OH MY GOD. I'm SOOOO happy I found that.

Sidenote: If you missed Faith and Fear in Flushing's Greg Prince on the Bedford & Sullivan podcast this weekend talking NY NL legacy, plus plenty of great baseball tangents, head on over there. A fantastic episode indeed.)

Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. For more from myself and others on the Mets, head over to Rising Apple. And for the latest on a Brooklyn Baseball TV Series I am developing, Like the Bedford & Sullivan Facebook page, follow on Twitter hereand listen to the research process here.

No comments:

Post a Comment