Monday, May 19, 2014

It's Over

I believe we are beginning to see the end of the Terry Collins era.

I almost didn't even WANT to write about the Mets 'cause I contain so much vitriol.

This past weekend, I have never seen the level of understanding amongst the fanbase that Terry is not fit to be manager of this ballclub. I have been saying for a very long time that Terry Collins should not be manager of this ballclub. I don't believe he will ever be able to lead a team to the playoffs. So, whether or not there's other things going on when it comes to the Juan Lagares situation, or anything involving the Mets, things that the public doesn't really have to know about or have any right to know. You're starting to see, at least in the public eye, a man becoming more delusional with the managerial decisions and becoming more and more defensive about it. And you know what? You've got a GM I'm growing more and more agitated with for not doing anything about it, and SIGNING the guy back up in the first place (I guess you could go all the way back to hiring him in the first place, but I get what Terry is and Sandy seems to as well, considering a 2-year deal is NOT a ringing endorsement.)

My faith in Sandy's judgement is waning because of the Terry Collins situation. He has clearly begun a grand foundation reconstruction with the minor leagues, and for that, I'm willing to accept that is Sandy Alderson's lasting legacy with the New York Mets. But I need to begin seeing better judgement with the Major League ballclub.

Our blood was boiling Friday night, when us Metsian nerds, myself and the Brooklyn Trolley Blogger Mike Lecolant, took to the airwaves post-game and vented our frustration on the Rising Apple Report. The sound bytes are as relevant today as they were on Friday night, and we'll spew even more sound bytes later this evening on a whole new episode of the Rising Apple Report.


Thank God for the off day. I don't want to see any of those guys today.

I'll think about the Mets...but I don't have to LIKE it.

LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for the latest on a Brooklyn Baseball TV Series I am developing, Like the Bedford & Sullivan Facebook page, follow on Twitter hereand listen to the research process here.

No comments:

Post a Comment