Friday, March 21, 2014

It Doesn't Count, but It's Fun


Last night might be the first time I really cared about 2014 Mets baseball.

Clearly, I've been lacking when it comes to writing, watching, or even discussing the Mets. Even on the podcasts (one of which I'll embed down below) though I may ramble, I feel as if I cannot give a full opinion because of my lack of Metsian observation the past couple of months. Then again, I've picked up the general things that are being thrown down in the Metsosphere.

I went out of my way, however, to watch the highlights of yesterday's game, where Anthony Recker and the Mets, down 6-4 to the Braves in the 9th, won 7-6 on Recker's 3-run shot.



And then there's this gem, which is another reason Juan Lagares HAS to be starting in center:



Yeah, it's spring training. Yeah, nothing is counting towards the standings. But memories are still created. I mean, listen to that crowd when Recker hit the home run. Listen to the crowd AND Mr. Burkhardt and Keith. It's an early division match-up, and though it completely changes when the pages turn to April (well....this year, March 31...) there's still a lot of people with plenty to prove, making the juice flow a little more in the above match-up. Certainly some fun highlights to watch.

And prior to watching them, I made my way from the neighborhood of Flatbush to Atlantic and Flatbush Avenues in Brooklyn while discussing some Mets baseball with Mr. Gary Mack of Mets Musings. Take a listen below.

SETTLE. ING. IN.
LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for the latest on a Brooklyn Baseball TV Series I am developing, Like the Bedford & Sullivan Facebook page, follow on Twitter hereand listen to the research process here.

No comments:

Post a Comment