Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Swing of Things


I'm gettin' back into it.

ACTUALLY, I'm swingin' a totally new...thing.

I am now a marketing coordinator at IDP Distribution, which distributes Samuel Goldwyn Films. Among plenty of other duties, I will be handling the majority of the Twitter and Facebook updates, keeping people posted on all the new material being released by Samuel Goldwyn Films, as well as reminding and/or educating of the long history the name Samuel Goldwyn has in this industry of moving pictures. 

Since interviewing for the gig, I've been carried away with taking a look at the legacy of the man, and have discovered not only all the amazing films the guy produced, but the fact that he had a way of saying things, much like our own Casey Stengel and Yogi Berra, which have since become referred to as "Goldwynisms."

Such as...
"If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the happiest man alive."   
"They stayed away in droves."
"Why did you do that? Every Tom, Dick and Harry is named Sam!" -- When a friend told him he named his son Sam.
 Well, the Mets fan has certainly stayed away in droves, but my boss isn't one of them.  He's got season tickets and has bobbleheads galore in his office.

We've got plenty of things on their way and plenty of things in our back catalog, and I look forward to helping to share them with the masses. But don't worry. This Converted Mets Site will not become a Samuel-Goldwyn-Selling-Hot-Bed. BUT do understand that I am legitimately excited to help share the Samuel Goldwyn brand. As the fellow used to say...
"If I were in this business only for the business, I wouldn't be in this business."
Welcome to 2014.
Now, Dance Yrself Clean.
Before we say...
LET'S. GO. METS.

Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for the latest on a Brooklyn Baseball TV Series I am developing, Like the Bedford & Sullivan Facebook page, follow on Twitter hereand listen to the research process here.

No comments:

Post a Comment