Friday, April 5, 2013

Blast from the Past - R.A. Dickey Stares at Loss in NY State of Mind

The Canon T3i, a camera that takes both still and moving pictures, has been in my possession since April of 2011, and 18 months after that, I officially owned it. Now, I have 16 months left to pay off my latest purchase, which has finally given me the technology to maximize my media capabilities. My new Mac computer replaced what was completely incapable of even playing video appropriately, much less editing it. Now, that is not the case, and if you could tell recently, I have blown up my YouTube account with many a video; of Opening Day 2013, Opening Day 2012 and the Ira Berkow event at Bergino Baseball Clubhouse. I expect the amount of uploading to continue as I come across the last 2 years of video.

Today, I have uploaded one of my favorite things from the early stuff that I shot.

On April 20, 2011, the night Fred Wilpon made controversial comments to a reporter from The New Yorker, the Mets, who of course had plenty of chances to win the ballgame, lost a tough one, 4-3, to the Astros, their 9th loss in 10 games. Their record stood at 5-13. 

R.A. Dickey struggled early, pitched into the 8th, and gave up the deciding run on a homer to right field. After some missed opportunities in the bottom of the 8th and 9th, it was over. Billy Joel's New York State of Mind cued up, and R.A. stared out onto the field, contemplating what could have been.

Enjoy the video, check out my whole collection if you haven't yet seen some of the others, and subscribe to me on YouTube to get the latest video updates (which there will certainly be plenty of this year.)

R.A. DICKEY.
LET'S. GO. METS.

Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment