Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Thanksgiving Random Song Through the Colorado Prairie

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I am thankful for each and every one of the readers I have gathered in this year of 2012. I very much appreciate it, and I appreciate the passion we all have for the New York Mets. I am thankful for baseball and the New York Mets, and I look forward to more stories and memories to share in 2013.

Below are photos of the last leg of The Great Western Trek my dad and I made to Denver, CO. I had never seen how flat it can be before you get to the Rockies, and was happy to capture it for the very first time. (If you haven't seen my drive through Kansas yet, click here.)

Lately, I've been leaning on Electronic Dance Rock for the Random Songs. Not sure why (outside of their awesomeness.) They've just been the random songs that appear in the Pandora shuffle, and if I'm leaning in another direction, the shuffle says, "Not so fast," and the Electronic Dance Rock changes my mind. In the moment, it just makes sense. I almost put one more here, even though it is not the instinctual genre you put on while going through settings like the Colorado Prairie. But then, last night, Willie Nelson was on The Late Show promoting his new book. Dave asked where Willie was when he wrote the song "Crazy," and Willie said he wrote three songs on a trip from Houston to Nashville: "Crazy," "Nightlife" and "Funny How Time Slips Away." Man, that is baller. In honor of that awesomeness, I lean on not just a classic country song, but one of the greatest songs ever written.

Enjoy stuffing yourselves today. I am thankful for being in a position to even afford food.

I'm also thankful for music.


I'm crazy for tryin'
And crazy for cryin'
And I'm crazy
For lovin' you

LET'S. GO. METS.



















There was a railroad next to the highway, and you could tell all these towns popped up along the line back in the day.


Denver

Mile High
Coors Field



Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment