Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Shanatova and the Song of the Day

I went to temple today. I never go to temple. Usually family dinners around the holidays, but very rarely do I venture to the house of worship. This one was in the form of the Javits Center, at the children's service with my family. Yom Kippur is the only time I go to temple. Judaism isn't really my religion. It's my culture, and a big part of my New York culture. So, for one day, I sing songs with mostly little kids as the Rabbi and Cantor perform in the front.

And I don't eat. Even when getting Mozzarella sticks, fish sticks and pizza ready for the children.

Not looking for sympathy. It's just the way it is. On this one day, come on. You can hold out.

I'm not even supposed to be doing THIS right now. But if you're reading this and a Jew, it's either sundown or YOU aren't 'sposed to be doing this.

So, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for this. And everything else I've done wrong the last year.

So, while the sun sets, let's atone while we listen to the horn blow.

I'm going to go eat.

La Shanatova.

I'll see you at temple tomorrow.



CLOSING. DAY. SOON.
LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment