Sunday, September 30, 2012

Discovering History After the Reaction Loses in Atlanta

While the Mets were losing 0-2 in game 158 to the Braves in Atlanta, where the big hit seen Friday just didn't occur, my friend and I decided we were gonna watch the first of an epic journey through New York's History. He had seen it before and couldn't believe I hadn't. It's by Ric Burns, younger brother of Ken Burns. We didn't start till right after they lost, after I pulled the one bud out of my ear.  I have now seen Episode One, and it's time you do too. I understand if you are reading this and have stuff to do today, go ahead and bookmark it. Or when you get a chance, go to youtube and look up part 1 of 8 of episode One.

One day I will surely get the 18-hour box set, which originally aired on PBS from 1999 to 2003, but these first 2 hours are some of the greatest minutes of film my eyes have ever seen.

So, for those of you who have some Sunday time before Football, pull up a chair and see how we got to the New York Mets' loss to the Atlanta Braves on Saturday, September 29, 2012.



NEW. YORK. CITY.
LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment