Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Baseball Celebration


I haven't done enough celebrating of the 2013 New York Mets season on here, but I don't work in shoulda woulda coulda's. They're too easy.

I can only do what I can do from here on out.

It wasn't nearly the kind of season for me this year as I had in 2012, when I went to over 30 games both at home and on the road. Though a good amount of those games were in the 1st half, I still made it to plenty in the 2nd, including 2012's Closing Day, R.A. Dickey's 20th win. My last game of the year was a 5-4 Mets win over the Phillies in July. 2013 was a different type of beast for me.

Discipline is something I need to work on each and every day, and posting on this blog is a great way to practice discipline. My time has been divided, but the offseason could lend itself to picking back up on the daily dosage of my Converted Mets Fandom.

I have no idea how many of you saw either a clip or the entire NL Wild Card game, technically in this day and age the 1st Pirates Playoff game in 21 years. The Bucs won, beating the Reds (as I predicted, though I'm generally sour on predicting such a game as baseball.) You could tell, however, as the year wound down that momentum was all on the Pirates side of things.

And here is something to envy as we hopefully get closer to the glory of the playoffs once more...

Though the Mets and their fans have had playoff glory epically disintegrate over the last decade, can it even compare to 21 years of absolute ineptitude?

There's no sense to compare misery, because there's really no sense in complaining.

Envy, however, though "sinful," is natural.

And I envy Pittsburgh and their fans right now.

We'll get that feeling back again.

Cueeeeeeeeeetoooooooo........Cueeeeeeeeeeetooooooooo.....

LET'S. GO. BASEBALL.
LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for the latest on a Brooklyn Baseball TV Series I am developing, Like the Bedford & Sullivan Facebook page, and follow on Twitter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment