Thursday, May 30, 2013

Well, That was Unexpected

I cashiered away, my phone too low on battery to keep in front of me as I do during games, so it charged away with Gameday playing out behind me in the 1st inning. The store was busy, but once the crowd dissipated I turned around, wondering where everything stood after I had just caught Ruben Tejada's lead off single.

5-0?!

Sweetness.

Going into the game, I was worried about Jeremy Hefner and how his game would play in the joke that is the Yankee Stadium dimensions (something that ended up helping us on Marlon Byrd's fly ball homer.) He has been pitching rather well recently, and continued last night in the Bronx Bandbox. Right now, Dillon Gee has gotta get his crap together, because barring any injury, he's unfortunately the odd man out when Zack Wheeler arrives.

What's that clichè they say? "Too much good starting pitching is a good problem to have."


No comments:

Post a Comment