Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"...And They Win the Damn Thing"

The in-laws are in town and I must entertain them. So, this will be the "Cliff Notes" version of the game post:

1. We live in a studio, and the folks were going to bed. So, it was either go to the gym to watch the game or sit in my parked car and listen to Howie and Josh (car's in a good spot, which is why I didn't drive around.) I had some wine earlier, so the latter sounded more appealing. 4 hours later...I finally came back inside and went to sleep. I still haven't seen the highlights. The game lives in my head only through the sounds of Howie Rose and Josh Lewin. Not bad.

2. I dosed off in the bottom of the 7th, and woke up right before the big Scottie Hairston blast. Apparently, Jordany had a good at-bat....Oh, I see now he got the single on an 0-2 count. Sweet.
 
3. I'm sure many of you are with me when I say I'm sick of Bobby Parnell not growing as a pitcher. We're all sick of this bullpen, and Sandy's inaction was front and center during last night's/this morning's game. (Meanwhile, though, effective outings once again from Ramon Ramirez and Jon Rauch. Nice.)
 
4. Jason Bay helped us win a ballgame?! Wow.
 
5. That was the most fun time had on twitter in my young twitter history. Props to Mets fans on there for gutting it out to the very end, and making us all laugh in the process.
 
6. Baxter. You're like a miniature Buddha. (Mike and the Anchorman references are back!)
What kind of excruciatingly painful fun will be had tonight at 10:10PM, when Matt Harvey takes on Tim Lincecum? Oh, must we really wait 12 hours to find out? I better find as good of a parking spot...


LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment