Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Great Curve Followed by a Hanging Curve

Dillon Gee was everything he could be, but unfortunately with 1 hanging curveball that was the difference in this game. The Mets had plenty of chances for the famed 2-out hit, but could not deliver as they fall to the Yankees 2-4.

It is disappointing losing the series to Washington followed by a series loss to the Yanks, but I am very encouraged by the string of outings Dillon Gee has fired off as of late. It was that 1 pitch that made the difference in this game, and it was that much more disappointing after he fired off the inside breaking pitch that was so nasty to Mark Teixeira. The name of the game, however, is "Keep the Yankees in the Ballpark" and that curveball was served right up there for Mark. Rats.

I have to say the 1 player that owned this game was Curtis Granderson. Phil Hughes pitched great, but Curtis Granderson not only had the tack-on solo shot in the 8th but also made a spectacular running catch in the 7th to prevent the tying run from scoring from 1st on a double. Props to the Grandy Man.

This was a hard-fought game, with some sick homers from Omar Quintanilla and David Wright, but unfortunately the big hit eluded the Orange and Blue. I am going to the game today with my father, who, as you all know from having read the "Opening Opus", is still a Yankee fan. My Dad and I have not been to the Bronx since I was a Yankee fan. It will be his 1st time in The New House and I'm sure he would be tickled to see the Mets swept in his 1st time back there with me having Converted. I haven't lost on the road yet this year and I don't plan to today, Jon Niese. The last time I was at Yankee Stadium for a Met game was when Mike Pelfrey was pitching last year. It was the 7th inning, we had a 3-1 lead and I decided I had to go to the bathroom. I...well...must have angered the Yankee Gods for doing what I did to their toilet, because when I got back, the bottom of the 7th had arrived, and I watched a 3-1 lead change into a 3-9 deficit. That will not happen today, Oh ye folk of the Metropolitan Universe. Let's wait for the hanging one from Andy Pettitte and use the Yanks own game against them. All today at 1:05.


LET'S. GO. METS.

Thanks for reading! Converted Mets Fan is now on Twitter. Follow me @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment