Saturday, September 22, 2018

The Mets at 4 (Eastern Standard, that is...)

As I settle into a Jersey City Hudson Mall Applebee's while waiting for my Lyft car's splash flaps to get service, I figured now was as good a time as any with the Mets game about to cue up in front of me to get back to work.

This game not so long ago would have set itself up for a 2 o'clock start, but only by mountain time standards. I should be driving, picking up some afternoon North Jersey customers after driving the gig in Denver the last 10 months, but alas, fates have a way of bringing at least the start of the afternoon Mets game from Washington to my eyes.

It has been quite the ride for me the last year, with the events beginning back in August 2017 when my dad was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer on his birthday, of all days. That set in motion time well spent (and time well filmed) with my dad, my oldest sister, my niece and my nephew before his death in May, the eve of Memorial Day. There is a lot to be digested over the next while for me, but I look forward to getting back into the groove as I settle into whatever new normalcy this all will be. One way or another, and I know I did some things right before this forever line of demarcation in my life, I look forward to doing things substantially more right than wrong going forward.

For now, though, I'll settle into some Applebees appetizers. 

Oh, Gary and Keith...please indulge me.
BACK. IN. ACTION.
LET'S. GO. METS.

No comments:

Post a Comment