Tuesday, June 10, 2014

On my Last SF Legs


I'm sittin' in SFO airport right now, kinda wishing I was staying but happy that I get to watch tonight's Mets game for an hour and a half or so. I highly recommend this town to everyone. I probably won't be moving here any time soon, but I wouldn't bark at anyone who said they wanted to do so.

San Francisco, a nice place to live and visit.

No matter whether the Mets gave up several leads all weekend and perfectly contrasted the Giants franchise does not take away from the awesome time I had viewing baseball at that ballpark. Funny though...Apparently, I was never destined to see Curtis Granderson make contact with the baseball for a home run. I arrived to the center field entrance and saw only the upper deck as Grandy's ball headed for the left center stands, and I was watching the crowd reaction on a 2-strike count when he made contact later for his splash hit. It's a shame, 'cause I like watching Grandy perform well, but funny that I got a second chance later on in the game but was looking away.

So, now, I sit in this airport for a 5:40 flight, which will get me into Newark at 2:00 in the morning. I watched one 70's film I've never seen on the way here (One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest) and now will, when I predictably can't sleep, watch another 70's film I've never seen on the way back (Mean Streets.) Probably won't have internet, so I'll have to check the score when the game has been over for hours, unless it's one of those.

See you all back on the east coast.

And-

FIRE. TERRY.
LET'S. GO. METS.
Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. For more from myself and others on the Mets, head over to Rising Apple. And for the latest on a Brooklyn Baseball TV Series I am developing, Like the Bedford & Sullivan Facebook page, follow on Twitter hereand listen to the research process here.

No comments:

Post a Comment