Monday, February 24, 2014

R.I.P. Inventor of the P.K.E. Meter


It is unfortunate that two posts today have to do with death, but such is life.

I once auditioned for a film called Analyze This as Billy Crystal's son. A playwright named Israel Horowitz got the audition. I ended up getting 1 callback, and in that callback I read with Harold Ramis, who was directing the movie. I was 13 at the time, I believe, so Ghostbusters and its popularity height in my life wasn't so far in the past. And though he certainly looked different than the man I had seen as Egon, he was still the genius who also helped give birth to that awesome cartoon I used to watch. I didn't end up getting the part, but it was a pretty cool moment to read with the one and only.

Of course, I'd be more educated over the years as to the extent of Harold's talent. Though I knew he was directing Analyze This, and I had seen Groundhog Day in the theaters, I don't think I knew he had directed it, on top of numerous other movies.

The world has lost a legend.

We bid you farewell, Harold.


No comments:

Post a Comment