Saturday, April 13, 2013

Flurry Fever


I had to go with a pun, and I'm sure somewhere out there someone already used this. I thought briefly of going with "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow," but that was too cliché. I was just going to go with "Snowball" but I overdid that one on Twitter last night, to the point where Twitter was like, "Um...dude...You're tweeting WAY too much, man." 

So, I'll just go with Flurry Fever.

Wow, I just wasted a lot of time that could have been spent talking about baseball talking about snow puns.


Anyway, last night was one of the most memorable Metsian moments in my fandom history. Watching the Mets throw up two early 5-spots while it snowed was fun, surreal and just plain awesome.

And it's hard to comprehend the ridiculousness that is currently John Buck.





And why did this sweet twinkle-toes double play not get any Quick Pitch Premier Play love, MLB Network?


Also, I can't imagine what Met fans would have said had the Target Field dimensions been the original ones at Citi Field. One of its issues is that all the walls are way too tall. One of Citi Field's issue, though obviously about The Great Wall of Flushing, was that they generally tried to force quirkiness everywhere.


Anyway, before the 4 'O Clock Baller session in Minneapolis today, I'm gonna go see an early Saturday showing of 42.

I've attempted to avoid all reviews so I can start my judgements from scratch ('cause I'm going to most likely be ubër critical. Though I'm sure I"ll enjoy it.)

Between my dad and my friend, the avoidance has not worked.

But whatever. We'll get into it more before the weekend is over.


LET'S. GO. METS
Alright. Well. I couldn't help myself.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment