Monday, March 25, 2013

And Now I Know More About Bo.

I may have been behind many of you on these, but this weekend I went on a 30 for 30 marathon. I started with Four Days in October (about the Red Sox comeback in 2004, which was...Okay), and then kept clicking whatever was next in the 30 for 30 series (mostly having something to do with baseball, though there is a doc about the world of the sports agent I watched as well, called The Dotted Line. And in that, they covered Johan Santana's contract and the agent who locked it down.)

But then I SERIOUSLY discovered that I Didn't Know Bo.


I was born in 1985, a year before Bo Jackson went pro. So, I missed his Auburn running back days and I certainly was not conscious enough to remember what it was like to watch Bo Know Everything. PLUS, unlike many homes, my parents' TV was not tuned to sports as frequently as the latter years of my childhood. 

Anyway, my point is that I missed the era when Bo Jackson was basically the sports headline every day of the year. It's baseball season? Bo is gonna crush it, and dive spectacularly for a ball. It's football season? Yeah, Bo is gonna take off (and bulldoze anyone in his way.)

He is only a story to me, a legend that is only here in whispers of the greatest feats ever and some highlights we've had on loop since his hip injury. I missed watching the greatest athlete ever, but enjoyed every second of people telling me what I missed.

If you didn't catch Bo the first time around, or if you did and it's been too long since you thought about it or saw some highlights, do yourself a favor and watch You Don't Know Bo.

It's on Netflix, along with the other 30 for 30's, but it is also broken down on youtube. So, let's begin at the beginning, shall we?

Also, I want to get to more Mets stuff later, though there is a possibility I won't because of Passover (Good Yontif to my fellow Jewish brethren.) If I am not able to post more today, expect a Metsian post of some sort by the morning.

OH! ...And opening day is in A WEEK!!!!!!!


SEVEN. MORE. DAYS.
LET'S. GO. METS.

Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment