Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Only Thing on my Mind

Of course, there are a lot of things that can be and will be said about the 2012 season. Being the 1st post...postmortem, I wasn't sure how I should begin, or whether I should even begin today. Should I write words? Should I post only the song that played through my head in the middle of the night? I'm not sure what angle to take on October 4, 2012, the day after the 2012 New York Mets gained a halo.

The only thing on my mind last night is that, for the 6th straight season, and for the 7th time in my 8 years of full-fledged Met fandom, I must pick a surrogate playoff team. This is, once again, too early of an end. Suffer we do not, but thirst for Orange and Blue October Baseball we certainly do.

That is the biggest smile I have personally ever seen David Wright have on a ballfield. In that moment, there was a feeling that anything is possible, and that we'd be seeing similar ear to ears like that come October. We were a winning team, and the winning had no limit. It was the 2012 New York Mets: Believe it.

Though that smile will not be on the Flushing field this October, I have all the faith in the world it won't be a Cubbies' type of lifetime before we see it yet again.

As the offseason takes off, I will fill some of the time with a bunch of different items of interest. Some stories unfinished or untold will arrive, some segments experimented with over the first season will become more consistent, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. 

I cannot thank you all enough for clicking on this site. Your continued support in what I have to offer to the Metsian landscape will always be cherished, and I look forward to more growth as the leaves fall down, as the winter arrives, as the new year unfolds and as the first new Port Saint Lucie steps are taken. Or, as my friend, The Stranger, once said:

"...down through the generations, westward the wagons, across the sands a time until-- aw, look at me, I'm ramblin' again. Wal, uh hope you folks enjoyed yourselves. Catch ya further on down the trail. ...Say friend, ya got any more a that good sarsaparilla?..."

For now, this is the end.


LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment