Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy 43rd: The Unnamed Editorial

I'm workin' on a Rising Apple "This Date" about Game 5 of the 1969 World Series, a post that I got a little behind. I have a digital subscription to the New York Times, only so I can get their vast amount of articles in the archives, including basically every article written about the World Series Victory in the 2 days after. I found an anonymous piece that says what most fans must have been feeling as it sank in that the Mets were World Champions (I believe it is quoted in Episode 8 of Baseball.)

Property of the New York Times


(Here was the day's political endorsement.)
 
LET'S. GO. METS.

Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment