Friday, October 5, 2012

Being Dispatched Out to Radio City and the Random Song of the Day

My friend randomly got two free tickets to see Dispatch at Radio City. I have never seen any type of show at Radio City, and I haven't listened to Dispatch since the Late 90's/early Aughts, so I'm pretty pumped for the event.

But being a superstitious fellow, I will keep to the rule that you don't listen to the band you are seeing the day of the concert, so they will not be the Random Song of the Day.

Instead, the Random Song comes from the Borough Uptown. I was looking at the book Subway Art yesterday, which chronicles the original Graffiti art on train cars in New York from the late 70's through the 80's. I came across a masterpiece of a page, train cars that should be in an Urban Museum, but used to be on The Pelham Bay Park Line I took when I lived in Parkchester.

I would love it if train cars still looked like these. It makes me proud to be a New Yorker, that The City went through a period like that, even though it was a very raw time in it's history.

The Originators of Hip Hop Culture, this post is dedicated to the Boogie Down Bronx.



LET'S. GO. METS.


Thanks for reading! Follow me on Twitter @convertedmetfan. And for Rising Apple twitter updates, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment