Friday, March 16, 2012

Recap of Yesterday's Mets Stuff and the 2011 Photo of the Day "Bonus Round": New. York. City.

“Today (Jose Reyes) came up right handed. That told me something. It told me he is either not as comfortable from the left side (against the knuckleball), or that’s just the side he feels stronger from. That tells me something – that gives me information I need.” --RA Dickey

Jose Reyes faced his former team for the first time yesterday, and while he did not swing through the knuckeball, he did ground it weakly to RA in his only plate appearance of the day (because of rain.) It will be interesting to see if batting from the right side against the righty knuckler was just an experiment, or if he recognizes early on that he will be more successful against the knuckle from that angle. Regardless, I look forward to Dickey making Reyes look silly swinging through that 76 mph knuckleball of his.

The Mets lost to the Marlins by a score of 3-1 yesterday. Jason Bay and Ike Davis both swung the bat well, but an Adam Loewen error in left field led to two runs scoring. It is clear that Adam can swing the bat well for a pitcher converted to an outfielder, but he has a lot of work to do before being compared defensively to Rick Ankiel. His body-type says that he most likely won't be Ankiel with the glove, but use two hands, Adam. Use two hands.

The Mets also made their first cuts, and nobody was surprised to see Matt Harvey and Jeurys Familia reassigned to minor league camp. They both are very close, but as I've said before, they need a little Wallyball before they make it to The Show.

The Mets will take on the Tigers at the Domain today on SNY at 1pm.

**********************************************************************************

I love New York City. I love the many pockets. I love discovering new pockets. I love the food. I love the people. I love looking down streets like Downtown Broadway and feeling as if you're in the Grand Canyon of Steel and Concrete.

I love baseball. I love the Mets.

And I love the view you get of the Manhattan skyline from Brooklyn, Queens, and the Citi Field upper deck smoking section.

New. York. City.

Lets. Go. Mets.

No comments:

Post a Comment