Friday, March 30, 2012

The Pelf is Finger-lickin' Good

I guarantee you, and without looking around the internet, that a title such as the one used above has already been used in the past given Pelf's knack for licking his fingers, and without any Colonel on them.

Regardless, Mike Pelfrey tuned up for the regular season yesterday, throwing 6 1/3 innings, giving up 3 hits and 1 run. The Mets offense exploded for a 9-1 win.

I, unfortunately, was not able to watch yet another game, but I've gotten a lot of practice in as we lead to the regular season and I feel pretty fresh when it comes to over-analyzing. I should be able to fit a couple more viewings in before the games begin counting.

Pelf was apparently sharp and efficient, albeit against the Astros. If there was any pitcher who needed a good outing for his psyche leading up to next week, it's that guy. I want nothing more than for Mike Pelfrey to turn me into a believer. And one game against the Astros isn't gonna do it, but it's a nice step in the right direction. He should have one more start to tune up before next thursday. Keep it up, Pelf.

David Wright hit a grand slam off our old buddy Livan Hernandez, and it was apparently a fantastic at-bat where Wright had to lay off a bunch of breaking balls before Livan served up a batting practice-style fastball. When I get a chance, I'll head to SNY.TV or mets.com and take a look at it.

I'm heading down to Philly for the weekend so you might not hear from me before Sunday, at the earliest. For now, enjoy some Time.



No comments:

Post a Comment