Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Midgame Back-on-the-horse Post-Holiday Post

I usually don't make posts during gametime but I haven't written anything since before the weekend, so I figured, what the hey? I'll go ahead and just type some words.
photo via thepopcornfactory.com

There's no way to cover everything that has happened since Thursday night. It was classic baseball and classic Mets at that for the Nats series to go the way it did only for the Mets to lose a back-and-forth affair to Detroit Friday night. Though they went 6-1 on that homestead, there were still some glaring issues seen with this ballclub, including the bullpen and the lack of quality out that way. Last night, that issue was front and center as the pitching fell apart after deGrom was taken out.

I wish sometimes I could just not care about this club. That, however, is not how all of this works. My attention is divided around a lot these days, but I make sure to give the team some of that attention, as hair-pulling as they can be.

And maybe I aught to write during games more often, as Steven Matz just scored the first run of the game. (But then Cody Bellinger crushed it to scratch that point I just made. but then Todd Frazier ties it....)

My brain, however, is truly fried today. Yesterday was the first anniversary of my dad's death, and it wasn't too emotionally wrought throughout it. Today, however, it kind of all caught up to me. Now, I must get some sleep with the sounds of Howie and Wayne subconsciously entering my brainwaves, while I dream of the Mets winning the last major league game of the year.

If you will indulge me, however, I threw together a home video montage of my dad being his goofy self over the course of my childhood, as well as during his sickness. It speaks to the fun-loving, outgoing human he was and how much he just saw life as his playpen. Enjoy the montage, and enjoy the game. Let's win this.


KEEP. ON. PUSHIN'.
LET'S. GO. METS.

No comments:

Post a Comment